Monday, January 11, 2010

Bookstores and Boston and Tea.

Whenever I am feeling uninspired, I go to a bookstore. After meandering the store for several hours, browsing all kinds of topics and genres, I return home revived and excited for life. It works everytime. Tonght I bought a paperback copy of Huckleberry Finn. I read the first paragraph and I was convinced it was time to re-read this classic.

Wednesday morning we leave for Boston. At Border's tonight I browsed a few book on exploring Boston by foot. I can't wait! I have never been to Boston before, any suggestions on what we might do? On the agenda is to visit the grad schools I am applying to for next fall and figure out how to get around the city using the wacky color-coordinated public transportation system there, and of course seeing the Gelsinger's new house! Also we plan to meet up my cousin New York City for the day- pay a visit at Columbia and explore the financial district as well.

My newest ambition-and we'll see how this turns out- is to start an herbal tea garden in which I grow my herbs and dry them to make organic loose leaf tea for myself and gifts. I am sure that I will blog about this project along the way, mistakes and all.

I like the bookstore. Where do you go to get inspired?

1 comment:

Something Creative Here said...

Bodies of water always inspire me. Especially if there is running water and a nice trickling. Anywhere green/outdoorsy, quiet. Walking a dog. Gardens. Stores like Whole Foods inspire me, sometimes that's bad (I'm inspired to buy). Bookstores, unfortunately, usually make me frustrated because I know I'll never read all the books I want to.