Friday, March 19, 2010


View Larger Map

Forty-five minutes on Google and I've got our entire cross-country trip planned out.

If this trip works out, it might be the biggest adventure of our lives. We'll need some serious chiropractic work afterwards, but I'm sure the memories will be worth it.

My question is, how long does one give themselves to drive across the United States with about six stops in between? Two weeks?

If anyone has driven across the US, please talk to us. Your tips will be appreciated.

Donald Miller's "Through Painted Deserts" comes to mind. If only we had a VW van... Hopefully my little Civic will make it through 3,711 miles.

Here's a big shout out to all our friends and family who don't know we're imposing ourselves yet.

Because "Motel 6" doesn't quite hold the same sentimentality.

3 comments:

Something Creative Here said...

Oh man - it will be so great. The only road trip advice that I can offer is: Don't rush.

Aaaaand yes, you should read the War of Art, it is excellent! I was actually talking to your mom about it last week. I sent her a copy of it as a belated b-day gift. So now you can borrow it from her ;)

Something Creative Here said...

but oh - don't ask her about it for a while cause I just sent it today :)

Carly said...

Okay I won't say anything :) But I'll get it from her when she is done.

I hope 2 weeks is enough to do the trip. We are book through mid-august. We really do want time to enjoy each stop and not be stuck in a car all the way across the US.